
I thought that yesterday went really well, but today I'm needing some encouragment. Last year, no one put ANY comments on the welcome card and NO ONE said it was good, etc. I was heartbroken!! I wanted someone to tell me that at least I did a good job -- not one.
So, this year was the total opposite. I had people telling me all day how awesome it was and I truly believe that, but it wasn't about me. I believe that God showed up yesterday. The kids that prayed for people were telling me that afternoon, "I prayed for a lot of people today." They were so proud and I was proud of them. I'm telling you that I believe with all of my heart that God showed up and showed off yesterday by using our kids. Yesterday I felt like we went from "oh that's cute" to really seeing how powerful our kids are and it was encouraging for those kids to have adults come to them for prayer. A lot of them thought it was really neat.
But, all evening and this morning, I've been fighting those thoughts of you-should-have-said-that or you shouldn't-have-said-that or I'm just afraid I'm going to get called into Pastor Bryan's office and "get in trouble". I'm not sure why. I don't have a basis to think that Bryan would call me in to talk to me -- he's never done anything but encourage me and I know that he believes in what I do. I'm just telling you I've been fighting the thoughts this morning and it's starting to make me mad -- just that the thoughts won't stop.
I do have 1 thing that I'm a little embarassed about -- OK, REALLY embarassed about -- that 500 miles song. OH MY GOODNESS!! I guess the sound team didn't see the little note that said "start at 35 seconds"!! I wanted to faint as I was walking down the stairs and I hear, "When I get drunk, well I know I'm going to be, I'm gonna be the one who gets drunk next to you". All I can do now is just make sure next time to STRESS starting the song at the right spot or don't chance it by using that kind of song. I have heard the song, but don't guess I ever really paid attention to the words. But since yesterday, that song has been stuck in my head!! To add injury to insult, I looked that song up again on iTunes and Steven Curtis Chapman sings a version of it!!! Hindsight truly is 20/20!!
Then, I feel like I fumbled around during my time of sharing. There was so much I was trying to share, but be aware of the time. That song really threw me off as I was walking down to share. I couldn't get out of my head how embarassed I was that that song played. I had to gather myself to share from my heart, but I felt like I just fumbled through it. I think we all saw that I don't think quick on my feet when Doug dumped out my offering lesson!! ;) That was funny!!!
What's funny is that as I'm typing this, I'm feeling those silly thoughts slowly get quieter and quieter. SO, I guess what I'm shamelessly asking is for comments about yesterday. I want to be able to come back here and read what everyone took away from the service yesterday -- just a reminder of all of the support that I have around me. I guess I just need to "have a little help from my friends". (There's my breakout into song and dance).
7 comments:
Rachel, you know I could go on and on about yesterday! Maybe I will!
The whole thing was amazing. Your time of sharing was not scattered. I loved how you talked about encouraging our kids about the things of the Lord. I liked your example of encouragment with sports and how if we never said good job that they probably wouldn't want to continue. That really spoke to me. I did my best to enourage the boys all day yesterday about their roles yesterday. I also encouraged Paige about her song because of what you said. That was very important. I also loved how you talked about how there is no Jr Holy Spirit and to be happy if the kids ask Jesus into their hearts every Sunday for 12 weeks.
The service was put together with excellence. Loved it. I've been back there with you. I know how much work it takes to pull something off like that! It was over the top great!
You let those kids loose yesterday and it was powerful! It wasn't just cute. It was powerful Rachel! I loved it. I was proud of each child yesterday! They brought glory to the Father!
The song...oops!
The offering...Priceless!
You...Perfect and Annointed!
Elliott and I came up with some ideas about using parts of songs. Those are just things that come about through trial and error. When your team has to work with other teams to pull something off, both teams need to be excellent and there are still some kinks in the sound department! My girls loved yesterday. Anna thought Paige was awesome and she can't wait to do something like that herself.
The whole thing was fantastic. I especially like the fact that there were people there for the first time that didn't know what was going on and now they know what an amazing children's ministry, and minister, we have at KLF.
Flush those lies that the enemy keeps telling you. He's just making cheap shots at you today because he can't do anything about how awesome yesterday was!
Rachel, you were in your element yesterday. You were doing what you were created to do. It is at those very times that the enemy tries to be the loudest. Because he knows that if we figure out where we are supposed to be, it damages his kingdom. So be assured that the service was amazing. I cried through half of it just watching Paige and Bailey sing. And watching Paige pray for people. I am so blessed that you teach and trust our kids to get out there and go for it. I thought your speaking was great. It was encouraging and also informative. You shared what has been going on back there. We hear the screams and yells through our service, but it was awesome just to hear testimony about what God is doing. So right now you need to tell the enemy that you know who you are (a daughter of the Most High) and you know what you were created to do (reach and teach kids to impact the world around them). Do not let him tell you anything different. If someone tried to tell you that Peyton and Evan weren't your babies you could laugh because you have been through the hard times. You remember feeling your children kick you from the inside. You remember the stretching and labor you went through to have them. You remember what is was like to look in their little faces for the first time. They also bear a striking resemblence to you. This is the same way with your destiny. You have worked hard and been stretched to be in this position. You remember when it was hard and what it felt like when you looked that destiny in the face for the first time. And you bear a striking resemblance to your Father also. So when the enemy comes at you with lies, you can laugh out loud, because you cannot be convinced this isn't what you were created to do. Wow that was long.
Francesca, It was long but I don't know how anyone could read that and not be encouraged!
I was moved
I was alive
I was a mother all over again
I was a sister
I was a daughter
I was completely multi-dimensionally filled
With the Holy Spirit
I was full of emotion
From start to finish and then some
My love grew for you, my children, our children
And Our Father in heaven
Stand firm
Fear not
Stand firm
Pray fervently for what you want
It will be given to you
I am grateful for the gift of you
To my children, to our children
To lost children
My prayer for you is like the name you chose for the ministry
Everlasting love, health, creativity, passion, protection, peace, grace
Seed of Christ, raising us higher, germinating in the Spirit, growing in fertile ground, foundation of fruitfulness beyond all expectations
Company of those who love you, support you, pray for you, know you, encourage you, grow with you, scrapbook with you, dream with you, take the Kingdom with you, train children with you, see the miraculous with you.
Fear not my sister, our Father sees you and is pleased. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are His righteousness. Feel His love for you!
And another thing...I loved the skit. It craked me up.
You have an amazing team to work with. They are very talented and loving.
I'm thankful for all of you!
Thanks guys!! I'm doing much better on this one. I don't know what came over me on Monday, but it tried to stick around all week. . . but, all is good now. Thank you for just speaking the truth to me!!
Post a Comment