Tuesday, June 19, 2007

100 Things About Me. . .

I realized the other day that I don't have pictures of myself (I'm always behind the camera), therefore, I don't scrapbook about myself, and I even wondered if I could come up with 100 things about me to post. . . But, in honor of my 100th post, I will try!! Some you may know and some you may not know. Some are current and some are old, but if there's ever a quiz about me, the answer should be in here somewhere!!


1. I'm currently writing my first children's curriculum/lesson.

2. I did own a pair of hammer pants in the 7th grade (M.C. Hammer, that is)

3. I even had a gold vest to match M.C. Hammer!!

4. When I go in a public restroom, I won't go in a stall right next to someone. I'll skip one or two and then go in (unless there's 2 and I don't have a choice).

5. My favorite restuarant is Fuji House.

6. My favorite place to shop is IKEA

7. I am a two-time back-to-back state champion golfer (ok, our team was, but I have 2 rings!)

8. I love to scrapbook and make things for others.

9. I am quite organized, although my closet looks like a tornado hit it!!

10. Aaron was my high school sweetheart, although he never asked me out.

11. We broke up in college because I was a social butterfly.

12. I cross my toes when I'm concentrating or reading . . or just about anytime I can.

13. I know that one day I will go to Africa and be a world-changer there.

14. My college roommate was a missionary kid who grew up in Zambia and Kenya AFRICA!

15. I'm not big on reading. I can't seem to finish a book.

16. My favorite scent is Coconut Lime Verbena from Bath & Body Works.

17. I spend way too much time on my computer.

18. I have been having a lot of prophetic dreams lately -- at least I think they are.

19. I spend way too much money on scrapbook stuff!!

20. I absolutely love anything zebra!

21. I was kicked out of my house 2 times in 1 week in high school. Once for not having a job (which I did) and once for dating Aaron.

22. I have two $50 gift certificates to A-Town/Hi-Tech for carpet cleaning! I need to get that done!

23. I can't do dishes by hand -- it makes me throw up.

24. I hate laundry & dishes -- they're never all done.

25. I graduated 3rd in my paralegal certificate course.

26. I was the only one in the paralegal certificate course that didn't have ANY legal experience!

27. I want to go back to college and get my degree in criminal justice with maybe a minor in education.

28. My favorite TV show is Shark

29. I don't like odd numbers.

30. Our family's birthdays are on odd months, odd days, & odd years!!

31. I don't like shopping for clothes -- although I'm getting better at it.

32. I'm not very huggy-huggy.

33. When I go in the store, I love to touch everything!!

34. I've always wanted to be a district attorney or a paralegal for one.

35. I used to sleep on my stomach until I was pregnant with Payton. Now I can only sleep on my left side or on my back.

36. I'm a procrastinator a lot of times. I do work better under pressure, though.

37. I love to be creative.

38. My theme song is "The Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns.

39. I would love to flip houses.

40. I'm a HGTV & TLC junkie! That's why I don't have it at my house!

41. I definately have my own way of loading the dishwasher. Doesn't everyone?

42. I am no longer a perfectionist, but close.

43. I have A NEW SCRAPBOOKING AREA IN MY HOUSE!!! (I'm jumping up and down on that one!! I'll post the story & pictures once this post is finished!)

44. I am a night owl . . . not a morning person at all.

45. I started getting gray hair when I was 16.

46. I can say the alphabet backwards.

47. I never thought I would be a children's pastor.

48. I don't like to go to the movie theater to watch a movie -- although I will go.

49. In elementary, junior high, & high school, my nickname was Olive Oyl.

50. I worked for the district attorney of Jones & Shackelford Counties -- loved that job!

51. I am a home body. I like staying at home.

52. I'm not very relational, although I'm working on that.

53. I almost always have a project going. Even when I'm watching tv and "doing nothing", I'm usually doing something.

54. I don't like to cook. So, I find myself cooking the same things over and over and over.

55. I love buying presents (or making presents) for people.

56. My love language is gifts.

57. I have 3 birth marks.

58. I've had knee surgery twice.

59. I've had kidney surgery once.

60. I don't like to be late and I don't like people to be late (I'm getting better at having grace on those people!)

61. I don't like clutter!!

62. My desk is always a mess, but I like to call it organized chaos.

63. I have a hard time staying awake when I'm in a car -- sometimes while driving.

64. I've had 2 accidents from me falling asleep at the wheel.

65. I despise toy packages and all the screws and twisty ties!!

66. I don't call people because I'm afraid they're going to be busy and I don't want to bother them. . . again, working on this one.

67. I've always wanted to own my own tile saw and table saw.

68. I love to paint -- rooms that is.

69. I'm surprised none of the rooms in my house have been painted yet.

70. A few weeks ago at Office Max, the lady said, "Thank you, Miss Rachel." I don't even know her.

71. I don't like crowds.

72. When I was in the 3rd grade, I wore a women's size 8 shoe.

73. I was very clumsy growing up.

74. On my birthday, I will be 30 years old!

75. I was a drum major in high school.

76. I won the John Phillips Sousa award (high school band award -- it really is a high honor).

77. I played the saxophone.

78. I also played the flute.

79. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano.

80. I can play the piano by ear sometimes.

81. My favorite book was "To Kill A Mockingbird".

82. Growing up, our yearly tradition was to watch "The Wizard of Oz" on tv.

83. Every year at Thanksgiving, my sister and I have to break the wishbone. Well, at least when we celebrate Thanksgiving in the same place.

84. I usually end up with the bigger side of the wishbone.

85. I LOVE CHRISTMAS time!!

86. I love shopping at Christmas!!

87. I don't normally eat breakfast, although I have since I've been pregnant to keep from getting sick.

88. I cannot sleep with the bedroom door closed.

89. I have to be able to see the door when I go to sleep. I cannot have my bed on the same wall as the door.

90. When I go to a public place, I don't like my back to be towards anyone. I have to see what is going on in the place.

91. I am an over-achiever.

92. When I take a nap, I have to have covers -- no matter how hot it is.

93. I don't take criticism very well. In my mind, I'm doing things the best way I know how.

94. I find out if the baby is a boy or a girl on July 16th at 10:15 am!!

95. I have very big plans if it's a girl. . . if it's a boy, I have nothing!

96. I have had 6 people tell me they KNOW it's a girl. I've had 2 tell me they KNOW it's a boy.

97. I am mom to the Slam Dunk Champion at ACU basketball camp!

98. I love how my boys want to know everything that is going on with the baby. They want to know what it looks like, what it's doing. . . just makes it all the more fun!

99. I will be getting new neighbors in just a few days, I think!! YAY!

100. I cannot imagine my life without our church and all the women in blogville!!! ;)


SO, there you have it. . . . I did it!! It is a lot harder than you think! So, now that my 100th post is finished, I'm going to have to finish my next post and get it up here!!! I'm so excited about it!!

8 comments:

Lydianna Bradford said...

Congratulations on your 100th post Rachel! I enjoyed reading them all! You are such a joy to know! I miss you!

Francesca said...

There was some interesting things I didn't know about you. I feel like I know you better already. I already like what I knew. Now there is just more to like.

Brandi Wilson said...

Okay, Rachel, you're going to have to answer a few more questions!

You know I love the Hammer Pants! I bring them up as often as the occasion will allow!

I did not know about the glod vest! I wonder if you could get that outfit made for maternity! That would be sweet!

#12 I didn't know about the toe thing!

#21 Why didn't you just get a note from your employer stating your work status? :)

#29 Odd numbers? Who are you?

#33 You know I touch everything in the store too!

#48 Don't like movies...how are we friends?

#58 I did not know you had kneww surgery.

#59 WHat does kidney surgery involve?

#75 I did not know you were a drum major!

#77 Can you still play the Sax or Flute?

I love all 100 things about yoU!

Rachel said...

Ok, Brandi. . here are your answers:

#21: My mom KNEW my employer!! She KNEW I had a job. . . it was at the snowcone stand and it just hadn't started yet.

#58: I had 2 surgeries on my left knee in junior high -- 6th grade & 8th grade. I don't have much cartliage in my left knee from it all (one more thing about me most people don't know!).

#77: I could probably play the sax after a little while, but I can still play the flute.

Lydianna Bradford said...

I don't like odd numbers either. Who does? I actually like numbers best when they equal out or make a pattern. I especially like my birthday...
4-20-80 It is all even numbers and it is like an equation (4x20=80). I'm really a dork about that. Neither of the girls, or Kevin's birthdays are really pleasing to me.

Brandi Wilson said...

I totally want to see you play the sax...or flute for that matter! That's awesome! You should surprise us sometime on a Super Life Group or something. Wouldn't that be so cool to have a super life group with people showing off their UNknown talents! That would be soooooo funny! What if Becky could break dance, and I could bite my toenails...or whatever. We should do that!

Anonymous said...

i love this post! there are so many things i didn't know about you! and by the way, remind me never to ride with you at night...or whenever you are feeling sleepy!

trish said...

I have like ten things in common with you- wow- coconut llime verbena is one of them! When I have more time I will discuss the others.