Sunday, June 03, 2007

My latest "revelation"

OK, so I have to start this blog out with a 'precursor' or a 'warning'. As you're reading this blog and when you see the word "men", I'm not necessarily referring to the men in our church, just men in general. I do not have anything against men and I'm just sharing what I believe God gave me the other night. . . so, here we go.

Aaron and I went on a date on Friday night. It was a lot of fun and we haven't been able to do that in a long time due to the craziness of our schedule. As we were sitting at Rosa's, we started talking about the BFW and some of what happened there. He told me about how he had lunch with some guys a few days ago and one of the questions was why God was pouring out His spirit on the women lately. This wasn't a "why not me" kind of question. They were just chatting about it.

Aaron said he felt like that in the past, men (here's the "in general" part) have done a poor job with their families and that now, the women were saying that they wanted everything God had for them and God was answering them because they were willing.

As we were sitting there, this was my revelation:

Of course God is pouring out His spirit on the women! There have been so many prophecies about the children and how they are going to lead us into revival. How the kids are going to move powerfully (and all of those other words that I haven't heard yet or that I've fallen out of my chair laughing in the spirit while they're spoken!) Anyway, who is with those children most of the time? The moms -- the women. Who is the main teacher in most homes? The moms. If God is going to use the children, I believe with most kids, it's going to start in the home. I'm already having to "run" to catch up with some of my kids. Others, I'm having to coach along and that is ok. But, if God is wanting to pour out His spirit on the kids, wouldn't it make sense that He would pour His spirit out on the women?

Anyway, I was excited about my 'revelation'. I'm not saying that God can't just pour His spirit out on the kids at any time, but God is a God of order. I believe that some kids will get it before their parents and it will work. But, I'm telling you -- those moms who are encouraging their kids -- those kid are going to FLY!!

P.S. I'm also not saying that God isn't pouring His spirit out on the men. I believe that He is!! I'm also NOT saying that the women are better than the men. . . not at all. Gosh! I hope that makes sense with all my 'disclaimers'! What do you think?

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Rachel,

I think God is pouring out His spirit on women in this hour! I think we are in an hour of God raising up new generations. For too long women have laid by the side, or not been considered in the working of God's Kingdom.

I believe we are seeing in women more and more. Men are recieving it too, but for men it is hard to wear your emotions on your sleeve, and have a cuddly type of love relationship with anyone. God's glory is really about being in LOVE and spending TIME with Father!

I hope this makes sense.

P.S. check out my blog, I need prayer!

ericaprosser said...

Women aren't better than men?! hee hee.

Lydianna Bradford said...

All your disclaimers are a little funny. I think the heart of what you're saying is very clear so you needn't worry. I think God is very faithful to "If you seek me, you will find me..." I think often women are the first in a family to "seek" and therefore often the first to find. Also, I believe women are just realizing their potential and what God can use them for and are very open to radical obedience. The doors seem wide open right now (I don't know if you read Charisma but a issue highlighted women in ministry).

God's Warrior Bride said...

No disclaimers needed. Your heart came through perfectly. I love being one of the women God is moving through. For the first time that I can remember I have such a sense of empowerment and I'm loving it.