I had a doctor's appointment this morning. My blood pressure was a little higher, but nothing to worry about. I gained 6 pounds this month (!!!) but I knew it would happen eventually. Still only makes 9 pounds total, so I guess I can't complain. My stomach is measuring right on and Jaxon's heartbeat was strong and sounded good. Then, Dr. Anderson asked me if I had any questions. I said, "I just have one. I want to go to New York for my birthday. Can I still fly then?" He did some calculations and told me I was clear to fly!! I would just have to get up and walk and stretch my legs every 15 to 20 minutes on the plane. He told me I had to go to the Statue of Liberty and to the World Trade Centers. He also told me to go to Yankee Stadium if I had time. I explained that I wasn't sure I was going yet, but just wanted to make sure it was possible. He said yes it was ok and he hoped I got to go.
So, the only thing I need . . . the very small thing . . . the money to go!! And the money for my friends to go!! Seems so small!! And, I know it is a small thing for God to do. It will totally be a miracle if I get to go and I know that, but I'm going to err on the side of faith. . . just believe until . . . until whatever happens. Aaron still thinks I'm nuts!!!
Here's something funny that happened at our house Saturday night. I'm still laughing hysterically on the inside as I type this!! Although, this story definitely could be one of those "You had to be there" stories!!
We were sitting around the dining room table and we're all eating some pudding (or Jello) when Evan says, "Anyone want to see my butt crack?" Aaron and I just looked at each other and started laughing so hard!! It fueled Evan's center-of-attention-personality and he kept saying it, "Anyone want to see my butt crack?" We were laughing so hard we couldn't hardly breathe!! Aaron tried to tell him that we don't say those things, but he couldn't keep a straight face. We just kept laughing and laughing. At one point, we opened our eyes and Evan had his underwear pulled down and was mooning us at the table! Oh my gosh!! We were laughing so hard that my stomach hurt!!
We did get to a point where we could gather ourselves and tell Evan that we don't say those things and we don't ask people that. But, we still found ourselves giggling on the inside (and outside sometimes!)
Anyway, guess I just needed a good laugh on a Saturday night!!
6 comments:
Who is gong to NYC with you?
oh how awesome! I am so excited for you. I am looking forward to hearing the amazing stories of yourtravels and lots of pictures
Becky & Brandi want to go -- we all just need money!! ;) I think Krissy would go, too, if the money was laid in her lap.
if you need someone to babysit you & make sure you don't get in any trouble- i volunteer.
Who doesn't WANT to go????
that story is hilarious! i think so anyway...and i kind of have a sick sense of humor!
Post a Comment