Ever just wonder what God is up to? Here's what He did for me yesterday:
A few weeks ago, I was in Wal-Mart and they had a double water slide on clearance for $150 (normally $300). I got permission from Brenda to go back and buy it for water day. But, when I got back to Wal-Mart they were all gone. I called every Wal-Mart between Sweetwater and Eastland and nothing. I was so disappointed!! I had $152.17 in the children's church account. I thought buying the slide for $150 was perfect because it would be the last purchase before somewhat new budgets came out and I wouldn't have to pay tax at WM.
But, after I couldn't find the slide, I realized that I had pools to buy and tearless shampoo for the giant slip-n-slide -- all of which would have had to come out of my pocket if I bought the slide. But, I've blown ALL of my blow money for the month and even some for next month due to a few projects lately. So, I wasn't sure where the money would come from. I thought about just spending the money and getting reimbursed out of the offering on Sunday, but it was a good thing I didn't, because we didn't have any offering this last week!!
But, I didn't find the slide and decided we would just use Kathy's (which is totally falling apart, but might be good for one more day). I went and found some pools and shampoo at Dollar General and it cost me $30 and I was content with how water day was looking. Then, the pecan grove was more like a swamp, so we had to postpone it until September 9th.
So, yesterday I had to go to Academy to get some new shoes and while we're there, Payton wanted to go look at the toy guns (surprise) and on our way over there, I saw the summer stuff clearanced for 50% off. I convinced Payton to check it out. They had a slide (one lane) with a little pool thing at the end that was normally $199, but I wasn't sure it was 50% 0ff and I couldn't find ANYONE to help me.
So, I got up front and asked the first lady I saw and she said everything was 1/2 off back there, which would make the slide $100!!! I headed back to get it trying to figure out how I was going to get it off the top shelf (since the lady was shorter than me and wasn't really interested in helping me anyway) when I see Jordan B. in his Academy shirt!! He said, "Hi, Miss Rachel." I told him hi and asked if he would help me get the slide and he did!! There just happen to be a shopping cart a few aisles over that was abandoned, so we snatched it and put the slide inside. I get up to the register and the total was $108!!! I was so excited, I forgot to tell them it was tax exempt -- oh well!!!
So, here's my lesson I learned in all of it. Here lately, I've been "needing" some things. And when the money didn't come, I just figured it out myself (via my credit card). And, although my balance really wasn't that much (and it's paid off now), I saw yesterday how if I'll just wait, God will make it all work out. I could have dug myself a deeper hole by trying to make it happen out of my pocketbook, but God worked it out.
Here's thing #2:
I'm going to Dallas & Canton with my sister next weekend. But, as I mentioned, I've blown all my money for this month and the first half of September. Last night Aaron asked me where I was going to get the money to go and I told him I wasn't sure yet, but I wasn't going to worry about it.
Today I realized this: I am working at Stor & Lok for Rhonda today and tomorrow. That will be my spending money for the trip!! I don't need a whole lot because I didn't find much last year at Canton (Canton Trade Days), but I wanted some spending money for IKEA (hip hip hooray!) and God provided.
I think after the slide & money for my trip, God's trying to tell me that He cares about the little things -- like a water slide & going to Canton. I've been a little bummed (ok, a lot bummed) about NYC, but I think my faith is being restored.
4 comments:
Rachel,
Thats an awesome story. I needed to hear it.
That is a great story, one that I find over and over again in my life. Patience is a virtue!
Great Story Rachel, thank you for posting!
Awesome! Your entire family (ok, maybe not the boys) has been such a blessing to Cole and I lately. We really appreciate all that you guys bless us with-most of all your friendship! Thanks for being the great Godly people that you are and sharing your lives and talents with us. I pray that God will bless your socks off for this new baby and just because He loves you!
Post a Comment