I just wanted to blog about how awesome last week was. I don't know if my perspective has changed towards a bunch of things or what, but it has been good.
Monday: I had to get up and take Payton to school. Evan and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things to start off the week. WOW was awesome. I even had 2 prophetic words for people.
Tuesday: I took Payton to school again. Came home and then went to the church for my day at the office. It was pretty unproductive, but prayer was good. We prayed for Payton's ears and he came home from school to tell me that his ears weren't hurting anymore. Praise God!! That night, I decided that my office needed a MASSIVE overhaul. It had been cluttered and a mess since we moved in here in April and I wanted it to be spotless when Aaron got home. So, I cleared out my office COMPLETELY of everything and if it came back in, it had to have a place. It took me until midnight, but I got it done. It feels so good to have everything put away and my office is so much bigger than I thought it was!!
Wednesday: I took Payton to school again. Then, it was coffee with Brandi & Krissy. I always love coffee days. I had a million and one things to get done that day. I went and bought some make-up today. Big step for me. I picked up Payton & Ethan from school and Ethan came over to play. I cleaned the house like mad because Aaron was coming home and the house was a mess because of my office plans. We weren't going to go meet Aaron at the airport because I had been to Abilene every day last week and if I went back, that would be 2 trips in one day. But, I talked to Aaron before he left Dallas and he sounded like he really wanted us to meet him there. So, we did. We hopped back in the car and headed to the airport to meet him. When he came off of the plane, it was like in a movie. The boys ran over to him and gave him really big hugs. We went to eat at McDonald's (guess who got to pick) and headed home.
Thursday: I ended up going in to town for some reason. Oh yeah. I volunteered to help take Payton's class to the library. It was fun. Picked up Ethan and Payton had a massive meltdown on the way home. By the time we got home, he had racked up 13 pops. We got home and he did apologize, though. Our evening went well.
Friday: I put together all of my children's church stuff for Sunday. This is a change because I usually pull it all together (get things sorted) on Saturdays, but I decided in my heart that was going to change. Plus, I had to get my stuff ready to go scrapbooking!! Brandi, Cherith, Casey, Becky, and I all had a date at the new scrapbook store in town that night. The weather was supposed to be a little yucky, but I didn't care. It has been months since I've been to a crop and I was going!! We had the best time!!! At midnight, Brandi, Casey, and I went to Taco Bueno to grab something to eat. We sat in there until about 1:15 am or so!! We had a blast!!! You'll have to ask Casey how God answered her prayer for a camera!! ;) Then, Casey & I went to Wal-Mart for my last minute things for children's church. I took Casey home and crawled in bed at 2:20 am.
Saturday: We lounged around. It was cold outside and although we were quite bored, we survived. We did work on my set a little bit to get it ready for the "big reveal". Pastor Bryan called and told me that I could cancel children's church if I wanted to because of the weather. I decided that's what we would do.
Sunday: Awesome church service. WOW! is all I can say. I know there were times when I was acting like a crazy person!! I know I was doing things I've never done before, but it was good. It felt awesome to really know what it is like to be out of my own control, but with God in control.
I'm going to go back to one thing. The cool thing about while Aaron was gone is that the boys and I got along just great. Usually, Payton and I are ready to kill each other after being together without Aaron, but not this time. We really had a great time.
I'm expecting this week to be just as awesome. I've decided to start getting up at 6:30 am and get ready for the day. It just adds so much time to my day for me to get things done!! I'm sad to say that this morning I slept in and I'm running way behind. . . doesn't help that I've been reading everyone's blogs this morning!! OK . . off to do some housework!!
4 comments:
God has been telling me to get up at 6:30 for years. I have been so disobedient. Days are so much better when nwe get up and be with Jesus and get organized before things get crazy. We can do it. What is 30 extra minutes?
I've been thinking about the same thing....I stay in bed until one of the girls is asking me to wake up. I really could be more productive if I got up and got going earlier. Hmmm. When to start?
Wow! babe! 6:30. I have been told that I am a man of faith....well, I will just keep my mouth shut. :)
i love it when husbands comment on their wife's blogs. they say the cutest things!
Post a Comment