Friday, January 12, 2007

My Promised Land -- What is it?

Since everyone else it talking about it on their blogs, I can't be any different!! I've been thinking about it all week and I just don't know what it looks like. Or maybe I do, but I'm trying to make it too hard. So, I started thinking about all the things I want to do (and have wanted to do) and make a list. Maybe I'll see a "common thread". These are in no particular order:

* Have an amazing children's ministry where God moves in and through the kids
* Be the best mom to my 2 boys, loving them the way they need to be loved
* Be the best wife to Aaron -- meeting all his needs -- having dinner cooked, a clean house, etc.
* Go to Africa.
* Go back to school
* Be a lawyer
* Be a surrogate mother for someone
* Be foster parents
* Have more children of my own
* Be able to live on 10% and give 90%
* Work in a district attorney's office (been there, done that, would love to do it again)
* Be creative and have time to be creative
* Be able to give away big things -- cars, houses, etc.
* Be able to go on vacations and send people on vacations
* Be organized
* I want my house to be a place where people love to come and visit -- where the guys can play Xbox (like they already do) or the girls come to just hang out. I want my home to be full of hospitality.
* Write children's ministry curriculum
* Have CM conferences here instead of me having to travel to them. I know people will come to see what is going on in our children's ministry because it will be something that has never been done before.

I'm sure my "list" contains more. I just had a few minutes to write and thought I would give it a shot. My heart is children's ministry. I'm not sure exactly where all the other things fall into place. Maybe they're dreams that God is going to replace. Maybe they are things I'll do in my "spare time". Maybe I'll get to do these things alongside children's ministry. Maybe God will reveal His plan for me very clearly. Then, I just have to be obedient.

3 comments:

ericaprosser said...

I totally see you doing MOST everything on your list! That ones you aren't doing yet...those are just the next phases!

trish said...

Would you consider a Cambodia children's ministry trip in October? I would love to see you there too! You are an amazing woman. I knew that I just didn't know the desires of your heart. It just makes me love you more.

Rachel said...

Trish. . you have me intrigued (sp?) What are the details?