Yesterday, I thought I was doing so good. I had my oatmeal for breakfast. I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch. Aaron's mom is in town and wanted to meet us at Cracker Barrel, so we went. I had a salad -- not much of one because it wasn't very good. I had a pounding headache while we were eating dinner. I couldn't figure out why. As I was sitting at dinner, I just kind of asked God what in the world was going on. He said it was a lack of sugar. :)
Before yesterday, I didn't drink water -- only sweet tea (and caffenated, by the way). Yesterday, I didn't have ANY tea or sugar all day. Instead, I had 6 glasses of water (oh the trips to the bathroom!!)! I was having MAJOR withdrawals!!!
I went home and took some headache stuff and went to bed. This morning when I got up, I felt like I was going to pass out. I was standing in the shower this morning thinking at any moment that I could just fall over. But, I didn't.
I jumped out of the shower, got dressed, and went and ate my oatmeal and had 2 glasses of water. I guess I over did it yesterday -- or maybe "under did it". Isn't it crazy how easily your flesh can become addicted to just plain sugar?!?!
So, today I had my oatmeal, Chick-Fil-A for lunch (I know, I know. I even had a Dr. Pepper!!), and for dinner I just ate a few grapes and a few appetizers at the baby shower, but not near what I normally would have eaten and I'm not hungry.
But, other than the Dr. Pepper, I didn't have any sugar today. . . well, besides a few Chick-Fil-A mints (love those things!!) But, tonight I'm feeling much better than I did last night!! And, I had 5 glasses of water today -- no tea!!
I did get my Core Secrets down out of the attic, but the ball isn't aired up yet. . . maybe I'll get that done on Monday.
Here's to all of us trying to disipline our flesh -- one step at a time.
P.S. Please pray for me!! I/We've lost my holder with all the ESC worship DVDs/CDs. It's not where it should be and it's not where it shouldn't be. Children's church Sunday is THIS SUNDAY and I need God to show me where they are!! I'm kind of freaking out -- only in a calmer way than I normally would!! ;) Oh the joys of a portable church!
UPDATE: Found the DVDs!!! Right where they shouldn't have been!! But, they were out in the open, so once I had a key to the right room, there they were!! YAY!!
2 comments:
Okay, the same thing happened to me about the sugar thing! I did have a coke yesterday so I wouldn't feel so peaked. It helped. Hoefully after a week of this sugar won't have such a hold on my body.
Hey, I will be praying for the church CD's. I remember when I was a little girl and I was looking for things I thought that they were glowing somewhere for me to find them.
I ask that God highlights them and allows you to find them easily in Jesus name. I know he will help you find them. He likes the music as much as we do!
I hope your Children's Sunday goes well tommorow and that you found everything you need. I am praying for it be wonderful and uplifting for everyone!!
Blessings!
PS -- Great job so far!! I miss the sweet tea too!
Post a Comment