Today, the conference started at 2 pm and it was so awesome!! They showed us pictures of where kids started praying for each other and God "broke out" all through their school. It started in the children's church room and spilled onto the playground, back in the gym and kids lives were changed.
Tonight, we heard a little bit on how to teach kids how to prophecy, etc. Tonight I heard the best "definition" of prophecy that I've ever heard. She said that to prophecy is just to see people/things how God sees them. That is so simple! She said that is how she taught her kids to prophecy -- just have them ask God how he sees someone/situation.
They talked about the kindergarten class at their Christian school. One day, the teacher was going to teach on the 5 senses. She told them to close their eyes and she asked them what they heard. Normally they would say the air conditioner, someone sneezing, etc. But, these kids said they were hearing God sing over them. Some of them heard Jesus Loves Me. The teacher said, "No, that's not what I mean. Close your ears and tell me what you see. They closed their eyes and their ears and said they saw angels. Some of them saw heaven. . . . I'll just say - that's not "normal".
ANyway, it was an encouraging day. Tonight, they did a fire tunnel. We weren't really sure what that meant, etc. but we got in line. As we were standing in line, Krissy noticed gold specks on her hands. We all had them. The lady in front of us told us it was gold dust. We all had it. I even went to the bathroom and washed my hands and it didn't go away. I've always been skeptical of gold dust, but tonight I saw it with my own eyes.
Tomorrow morning, we have an appointment for their kids to pray and prophecy over us. I'm really looking forward to that. Tomorrow night, they have a kids band that is going to lead us in worship. Tomorrow during the sessions, it will be more ways of teaching kids how to hear God's voice. I have extremely high expectations!! I'll keep you updated!!!
2 comments:
How neat!! I was always skeptical about God dust myself...that was until I started seeing it!
Awesome! It is always when God shows us something that we are unsure of its validity!
I have been at a couple of conferences with Fire Tunnels! A little interesting at first, but whatever He wants, I will do!
Sounds like you are being blessed! I pray that day 1 (day 2) have just been a tease for what God wants to show you!
Post a Comment