I don't mean to brag or anything, but I have the bestest greatest mother-in-law in the world!!! She really is amazing!!
On Thursday night, she called late to tell me that she had come to town and wondered what our plans were for the next day. I told her I had to work at the storage buildings and that Payton had a skating party at school that she could go to.
In the morning, I told Evan that Purty had come to town and asked him if he wanted breakfast. He told me that he didn't want anything because Purty was going to take him to McDonald's for breakfast. I asked him a few times and he kept mentioning McD's.
So, we got to the office and he said, "Purty, will you take me to McDonald's for breakfast?" She said, "Well, I guess we could go." I'm telling you, that child has her right where he wants her!! ;)
She went to Payton's skating party and ended up buying 3 kids inflatable guitars and she picked Payton up from school for me and took them to Frontier Texas. She took us back to McDonald's for supper (because Payton didn't get a Ninja Turtle at breakfast like Evan did).
Saturday, she had the kids until noon while I worked and she brought us Sonic for lunch. As she was getting ready to go, Evan started crying because he wanted to go with her. He didn't have any clothes and he didn't have his bop-bop (his blanket he HAS TO HAVE to sleep). But, he was determined to go -- bop bop or no bop bop. She said, "Why don't we just stop by Wal-Mart on our way home and pick up a few clothes for him and it will work fine." Evan ran and jumped in her car, got his headphones on for the DVD player, and off he went without a second thought!!
She's going to keep him as long as he will stay with her. I cannot even begin to tell you how much easier it is going to be to work with him at her house. We called last night to check on him and she said he's doing fine . . just chattering away.
I'm so blessed to have the mother-in-law that I have!! She's amazing!!!
2 comments:
I can agree that Marki is a great mother in law, but we don't have to be shy when we all admit that I indeed have the best mother in law EVER!
You mother-in-law is very blessed also, to have a grateful and adoring daughter-in-law.
Post a Comment