Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Adding something to Believing God List

Last night I decided that I'm adding something to my list. Here it is:

I am believing God that He will give Payton supernatural bladder control during the night!!! Payton still has to wear a pull-up to bed at night and some nights (like last night), he COMPLETELY soaks through them!!! We've tried vitamins (although not consistently) that were supposed to fix the problem. Aaron has just said that he can't wear pull-ups anymore, but that doesn't help anything. We've cut off his liquid intake at 7 pm and that doesn't seem to help. I know that it's more common than I know, but I can't tell you how frustrating it is for him and for me. There are nights where he stays dry, but they are few and far between.

Evan has stayed dry since he was potty-trained. It was like the underwear went on and he stopped peeing in the bed. He did have a few accidents, but he wears underwear to bed (has for a while now) and he gets up in the middle of the night if he has to go (most of the time).

Payton, on the other hand, is such a HARD sleeper!! When he is asleep, there can be a party going on in his room and he won't hear it. He grinds his teeth at night so bad he can wake me up out of my sleep and I'm down the hallway.

I did notice yesterday that he doesn't go to the bathroom very much during the day. So, I'm thinking that his "system" is backwards because sometimes he goes so much at night. Last week, he went to Ethan's to spend the night and I was so nervous! He did just fine, but he's getting older and going to be spending the night at more houses and I don't want him to be embarassed about it. One time, a boy came over and saw Payton's pull-ups in the bathroom and the boy made a comment about Evan wearing pull-ups. Payton said, "Oh they aren't his. I wear them at night." The boy started laughing!! At first, he thought Payton was kidding, but I'm telling you, it doesn't really bother Payton much -- yet.

Anyway, I'm praying that God will supernaturally fix this issue. I don't care if God fixes Payton's bladder or if God gives us a creative way of getting Payton to wake up at night. It doesn't matter to me. I just want our house free of Pull-Ups before the baby comes!!

3 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

I totally am in agreement with you Rachel!

trish said...

My friend had the same problem with her daughter. She went to see a natural doctor and took her whole family off of processed sugar. She never wet the bed again. For whatever it is worth- you might at least log how well he does when he does not have processed sugar to see if there is a connection with Payton. Either way, I will stand in agreement with you.

God's Warrior Bride said...

My sister and her daughter both had this problem growing up and I know from personal experience how frustrating, embarraasing and humiliating this can be. I stand in total agreement with you.