Monday, June 25, 2007

My New Scrapbook Area

Before:


AFTER:





Oh my gosh!! I'm so excited!! My parents were here this past weekend and I had been throwing around the idea of moving my scrapbooking area to the living room closet. I thought it would be perfect. Aaron didn't. I thought that moving my stuff into the closet would be perfect because it still gave me a space to work, but it could be hidden. Aaron thought my stuff should be packed away and put in the attic or our bedroom. I use my stuff too much for it to be in the attic and I don't want the clutter in my bedroom.

Anyway, so I asked my dad if he would measure the closet. I thought that if I could find out exactly how much it would cost, then I could bring the proposal back to Aaron for approval (or not). My dad told me he thought I could just buy a countertop from Home Depot and cut it to size. So, I called handyman Randy and he said it could be done!!

My dad offered to do it all for me!! So, I called Aaron for approval. . . hey, at least he didn't have to do the work!!! He said yes. . . although, I'm not quite sure he was in love with the idea. So, this is what my dad (with very little help from me) did on Friday!! It has been a lot of work -- more than we thought -- and I kept adding to the project, but I absolutely love it!!

Here's what I love about it:
* Once I find out boy or girl, I can start on the nursery because it's almost cleaned out.
* I can be in the living room with everyone else while I scrapbook!
* I can close the door and nobody can see the mess!
* I don't have to clean off the table in the middle of a project!
* It's all organized, although I'm having to downsize a little bit.
* It's countertop height so no little hands can get into my sharp things or get their hands on a layout/project. I know paper is on the floor, but that's safer than scissors!
* It's a space all my own!!

Please pray! I don't think Aaron is as excited about it as I am. I think it will grow on him. He said he let me do it because he loves me . . . I just hope he remembers that every time he looks at it!!

So, to all my scrapbooking buddies in Blogville, I have a few organizational things I don't need or don't have room for anymore if you would like them. I have an embellishment organizer and right now, I have 4 drawer things (the small ones on the top shelf) that I don't need. I have some foam stamps (letters and Christmas) that I don't need due to my Cricut. I'm sure there will be more to come.

6 comments:

Becky and Bryan said...

Hey, I'll take whatever you want to give. I am especially interested in the stamps. But whatever the Lord tells you to give will be great!

Brandi Wilson said...

How in the World did you get all that in there? I'm totally shocked! I did not have anything that awesome pictured in my head! I love it! I will have to come check it out in person very soon!

Yay DAD!

God's Warrior Bride said...

I think the closet is fantastic. What a perfect workspace. If your dad has some spare time I have a building that I need organized for my photography.

Kevin said...

I love this! Great Idea, and looks good!

Anonymous said...

awesome! i want to see it soon! i'm so happy for you!

trish said...

I will take some for my Bella if anything is left. I would like to organize an area for her too.