Krissy called me yesterday because she was going to teach the lesson, but after reading it, it felt like it was way over the kids' heads. She asked me if we could find another lesson to do and I was all for it, but as we talked, I was reminded that I always say that kids don't have a junior holy spirit and that this lesson was going to speak to their spirit man and they would understand it even if they couldn't articulate it with their brains.
So, Krissy and I threw around a few ideas and she said she was feeling better and we hung up. I had no doubt that God would give her an amazing illustration (better than the one in the curriculum) and boy, did He!!
She had the whole "audience" on the edge of their seats! Out of 59 kids, all but 2 of them were listening to her. I stood in the back just amazed. She had them running in place and freezing to illustrate "Be still and know that I am God". They all jumped up and started running in place and when she said 3, they froze -- every single one of them!!
She had this illustration of how when we soak, all that is is being still and knowing He is God and believing He wants to speak to us with pictures, words, colors, etc. It was AMAZING! Have I said how amazing the lesson was?!?
So, it came time for them to soak and we told them we were going to soak for 2 minutes and then talk. Then, we were going to soak for 1 more minute and then talk. Then, we were going to play their favorite game on earth -- the M&M game. They were pumped!
So, we split the 3 & 4 year olds off into their own groups where they could play in "God's Love" aka water with sponges and they could draw pictures. Joel did have his group all laying down for a few minutes, but I missed it with my camera. They could draw pictures of what God was showing them.

Evan drew me a picture of a boat. He handed me the paper, he said, "Mom, this is for you." I thought it was a really cute "scribble" in blue, but I couldn't stop thinking about it all evening. This morning when I was in the shower, God reminded me of a word I got when I was in California about how I was in a boat. I thought I was trying too hard to make something from his picture, but I can't believe it was an "accident".We told the older kids that we wanted them to lay down or sit still and close their eyes because we were asking and believing that God was going to speak to them this morning. Several of them laid in the floor and some of them sat there, but for those 3 minutes, you could have heard a pin drop in that gym!! That in itself was a complete miracle from God!! ;) As I looked around the room, I remembered that I had my camera and this had to be caught on film. The pictures aren't all that great because we had the lights off and I was trying not to use my flash so I didn't disturb them.

Afterwards, we asked them what they saw and I didn't hear some of them, but one little girl said she saw God sitting on His throne and He told her that if she would just keep believing that He would give her the desires of her heart. Tears were streaming down her face as she was telling Krissy that. . . now what 8 year old uses the word "desires"? I realized this morning that it was kind of like the word that Pastor Bryan gave Paige last week, but this little girl wasn't there.
I hate that I can't remember more of what they saw, but we're going to start having an ESC Journal where we can write all those things down.
Anyway, I'm so excited about it and I had to share the pictures. Like I said, we had several kids that told Krissy what they saw/heard, but I haven't heard them all yet. At the end, parents were coming in and Krissy told them if they wanted to share what they saw, they could come and tell her on the side. I saw several kids over there, but I haven't talked to Krissy much since children' s church was over. I'll post some when I get them from her.
The only problem was that the adults got out way earlier than we expected, so there wasn't any time to soak for the second time or play the M&M game. I promised them that next week we would start off with the game, though. I think that helped!! ;)
3 comments:
God is so good. It is amazing what God wants to do through our children if we just get out of the way a little. Evans picture...I like to call things like that a Godsidence. Love it
Rhonda
Anoe told me all about last night when we had "alone" time together. She was pretty excited. She said she heard God talk to her and she saw him.
I was trying to talk to the kids about it at lunch after church. Melody was most excited that she got to get "Nash's Dad" wet with a sponge. She kept getting cracked up when she talked about it.
We've had lots of soaking sessions with the kids at the house. Every one of them has been fruitful.
Post a Comment