Last night, around 10:30, the electricity transformer to our house was hit by lightening. There was a very bright light and a really loud pop and all the lights went off in our house. The electricity came back on around midnight or later. We were blessed to get up this morning and everything worked -- or at least I thought. Everything except the dryer. After work, I came home and threw some clothes in the washer that I need for tomorrow. When I went to put them in the dryer, I opened the door and sparks started flying inside the dryer. I screamed and slammed the door, which scared everyone. When Aaron opened the door again, smoke started coming out of the dryer -- NOT GOOD!! So, Aaron just got back from taking my clothes to the Caperton's house so they can dry. So, we are blessed that the dryer is the only thing that is fried, but I'm still seeing it as something the enemy is going to have to repay!!
Also, today Evan was at Aaron's warehouse while I went to grab some lunch. I came back and Evan was crying in the bathroom. I thought he just needed help with something and nobody was answering. But, when I turned the corner, Evan was sitting on the sink with a bloody towel in his mouth. He also had 2 cuts around his eye. Evan had 2 bungee cords attached together and then hanging on two boxes. He stepped on them and when he stepped off, they popped up and hit him in the face. It got the inside of his mouth and his eyelid and right below his eye. I'm telling you that there were angels there with him today to close his eye. That thing would have probably taken his eye out or SERIOUSLY hurt him.
I am so thankful that I have angels camped around my kids and around my house!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am grateful too! Eye stuff always freaks me out a little.
ok, so the devil is totally trying to steal from you and me (since i've been using your dryer). we are not going to have this rachel! i speak healing over both of our dryers! amen! recieve it!
i am glad that evan's ok, by the way. he's so cute...i wouldn't want his precious face damaged by anything! yeah God!
Yes, Cherith! My first thought was "What is Cherith going to do?" didn't even wonder what I was going to do until this morning when I needed my dryer to act as my iron and I didn't have one!! I changed shirts to wear, by the way, just so I wouldn't have to iron it! ;)
Hopefully the problem will be solved quickly. The only thing is the repair place said it would be 2 weeks before they could get to it. . . guess I better get to perfecting my ironing skills!
Post a Comment