Payton and I have been talking a lot lately about how we are a lot alike and how we're so different than Aaron & Evan. So, I thought I would make a list of the things we've come up with:
Payton & Mom:
* We are NOT morning people.
* We like lots of covers on our bed.
* We are not "touchy feely" people.
* We are pretty serious people.
* We like things in order and organized. Most of the time, we have a place for everything.
* We like a plan. We don't operate well on spur of the moment.
* We like to explain ourselves when we are wrong (actually try to convince someone of why we were "right").
* It is important that people listen to us when we are talking.
* We are naturals at sports.
Evan & Dad:
* They are so very chipper in the morning!
* They don't like to sleep with covers
* They are very affectionate and love hugs & snuggling.
* They are really laid back.
* They aren't total messies, but they just put stuff down wherever.
* They fly by the seat of their pants. Usually no plans.
* Aaron's not so much this way, but Evan is quite the entertainer when he is comfortable in the environment.
* They have to work at the athletic part of them a little bit -- more Evan than Aaron.
These are just a few things of how we are all different in our house. I'm not saying Payton and I are better than Aaron & Evan -- not at all. We love them and realize that we need them to balance us out! Sometimes I wish we were more like them. We're just so different. I think it's really cool that my 6 year old is figuring out how we are alike and different. We were talking about this the other night and I told him that the reason we sometimes fight is because we're so much alike in so many things. He thought that was weird. He thought that we shouldn't fight because we are alike in so many things.
I will admit that Payton and I have gotten along much better recently and I like that! I changed how I saw Payton -- God showed me how He sees Payton -- and it did something in my heart. I'm so glad!! I'm really enjoying really getting to know the little person who is a lot like me.
1 comment:
I totally loved this post! What a neat idea. I did a scrapbook page one time with the title :Same...Different
It was about Spencer & Joey. I still love it. You should do a page with this information on it.
Post a Comment